NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) for Sexual Trauma with Kimi Avary, M.A.
- This is a graduate level on-line class that will cover the following topics: What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Well-Formed Outcome, Personalized NLP Presuppositions, NLP Skills, the Bookending Process, the Reconsolidation of Traumatic Memories Protocol, the NLP Phobia Process.
The Online Class
The online class examines what NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) is and how it can be used to treat sexual trauma. We focus on the “how” aspects of NLP as effective methods for healing trauma.
- As a foundation, this course explores these key skills: NLP Presuppositions, Representational Systems, Rapport, Language Patterns, and Anchoring, that are needed to be able to use The Bookending Process.
- It will be demonstrated how each of the tools taught are put together in The Bookending Process.
- Students will be expected to practice the skills taught and use their homework to report on their successes and where they need refinement.
- In addition to remote learning by streaming digital media and resources students are expected to read the accompanying workbook and attend the virtual office hours to receive specific guidance on when and how to use the NLP tools.
- In the (optional) final 3 hour live, in person, class students will have opportunities to get hands on demonstrations and guidance on best practices on the uses of The Bookending Process.
The Optional Live Class
The in-person extension class will look in detail at the The Bookending Process. Students will see a live demonstration and have an opportunity to ask questions. You will also practice the Bookending Process and the key elements of rapport, anchoring, and the language patterns with your classmates. By the end of the class, you will be assessed on each of the factors and receive feedback. The in-person class will be held in San Francisco and will be 6 hours in length.
At the end of the class, students will:
- Be able to describe what NLP is.
- Be able to understand what each of the basic tools are and why they are used.
- Feel comfortable knowing when and how to use the NLP Bookending Process with clients.
• Remote learning via email, extensive streaming video and digital resources (30 hours).
• Remote learning in real-time using on-line class meetings (4 hours).
• In-class-room instruction (6 hours in San Francisco, optional).
• Assessments: Final Test Exam: Case vignettes, multiple-choice and Essay.
- Learn Online from Professional Streaming Video at Your Own Pace!
- Get Immediate Access to our Private DiaNova Online Student Portal!
- Personal Login Credentials & Profile
- Get Immediate Access to Weekly Time-released Material (4 Weeks)
- LIVE Class Call every Friday for 4 Weeks (recorded)
- Group Class Start Dates: Monday July 8th (Zoom Intro Call)
- Ask Questions Live to Kimi Avary, M.A.!
- This Class Can Be Taken 100% Online with the Option to Visit Us for a Live Workshop in San Francisco 8/4/2019!
Sign up online: www.dianovainstitute.org/online-classes